Skip to main content

Because, it's been long!




Today is the 9th of June. And I am 7 days into my internship at The Finder Newspaper.

Now, I have two things to say about this entire working thing.

  • It is haaaaaard!


Never again am I going to say this “I can’t wait to finish school so I can start working.” *insert pause*
This statement can no longer be made with off-handed ease. Not anymore. 

Because, life is hard. 
Work is hard. 

And there’s nothing that comes easy, not in this day, not in this time, not in this life.

If you want to make an impact in the world, or if you’re just bored and in need of something to do, something that will actually profit you something – not just sitting around eating crisps and binge watching TV – you’re going to meet hard stops. You’re going to have demanding bosses who will question every bone of creativity in you. You’re going face problems that will demand your everything; time, finances, energy, everything! And you’re not always to understand why

  •    Responsibilities are exhausting.

In these 7days I’ve been there, I have learnt some things. Life doesn’t revolve around us, and what we want. Life is not the simple bubble we have ensconced ourselves in.

Life is sweat. And putting other people’s needs before us.

Life is serving. And waiting.

While we are waiting, let us serve. Even when it hurts to. Let us serve. And pray. And work. And serve.
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Rest

Entering into a season of rest. These few weeks have been stressful; truth be told they have been a bit more than I can handle, and then some. I have walked away from relationships, left home, and tried this whole "Adulting" phase by myself.   It has NOT been easy, and constantly I am forced to consider the decisions I have made. All this change because I had lost my peace, had disappointed the people I loved, and thrown a wrench into the unit I called family.  I was beating myself up over mistakes I had made when I was much younger, and more stupid, and now I was learning that people do not forget, and that very few people forgive. I had walked away from my past, but it still followed, and nothing I could do could change the me people saw.   I was in dire need of peace. Rest from it all.   Suicide and depression were calling all 4 of my names, and God knows how many times I tottered over the edge of that cliff.   One Saturday I c...

JUST BREATHE...

I stew sometimes. Not like the familiar simmering and eventual bubble one is used to when it comes to the favoured term, stew. But more like an insipid flow that seems unlikely to have any direction at all, then finally bursts into resolution – then back down to a confused “ what was that about ?” My stewing has got to do with a lot of things – sometimes caused by interpersonal relationships, but more so my failure at navigating them successfully. I  stew; with nothing constructive in sight because my brain has the attention span of a puppy. Stewing for me seems less problematic than engaging people on the things that rub me off in the wrong way, and sometimes fights end more victoriously in your mind than they ever would in person. Just pure despair... I would love combat with the people I stew about, turning their rude quips and insults into whimpering cowardice once they realise I am not the one to mess with. But in my mind. Nobody has got the time to thr...

CAROL (EP 5)

  Carol. She was light. She was fire and ice. She was sweet and spice... Harry looked up from the poem he was writing at a squinting Teejay. The guy was hovering over him like a cloud. These days it seemed he had something to share, but the moment Harry gave him his attention, he would lose all his nerve and walk away - mumbling some silly explanation. Harry cleared his throat. "Ehem…" He cocked an eyebrow at Teejay. "Y'know, you can tell me. If it's something bad I won't rat you out - well, it depends on how bad..." Harry saw he was rambling. "Look, tell me already! I'm your friend, and you don't see me hiding stuff from you?" The boy sighed, hoisted himself onto the bunk bed, then started. "I'm in love with Esinam"... ♡♡♡ The siren blared for the second time that day. One more lesson before breakfast. Carol was in a bubble. Last night at prep,...