Skip to main content

ABOA FUNU! (EP 2)



Harry lunged.

And failed.

He felt strong pressure on the back of his neck and realised in his blood-red haze that someone was holding on to the collar of his shirt.

Flailing his arms, he caught Etse - the one obstacle in his quest for justice - on the right cheek, cringing when the boy still held on firm.

The rest of the class gasped while some wriggled in their seats, waiting for Tampa to notice this insurrection.

What gall!

As though released from some state of paralysis at the sight of violence, the others rushed to hold Harry back.

In angered whispers, Phil - one of the boys asked,

"What in heaven's name is wrong with you?! Are you trying to get yourself expelled?"

This talk of expulsion seemed to be what finally made Harry see sense. He stopped struggling, adjusted his shirt and turned to give Etse a pleading look.

He'd make his apologies later.

And just in time too, because right that moment, Mr. Tampa turned back to face the class and asked,

"Is everything alright here?" then he noticed the five,

"Herh, are you fools deaf? I said, go and cover those holes you made! Ah!"
He sucked his teeth, and glanced at Harry, who by now was shooting him daggers with his eyes.

"And you too, what are you doing staring at me like that?
*3y3 beyi bonsam?"

He visibly shuddered.

"All of you should clear off. When I blink, I don't want to see you here!" that statement seemed to spur the boys into action, Etse grabbing hold of Harry's hand and pulling him along.

Back to the school field it was.

Harry had a lot of explaining to do.

They were later told that Tamps had spent the remainder of the lesson reciting verses out of the book of Psalms, the 27th chapter, while simultaneously making crosses in the air in the direction of Harry’s seat.

Harry chuckled.

*"Aboa funu!"

Cethaurus: Aboa Funu - Insult, meaning - stupid, useless. Transliteration: Dead animal.

3y3 beyi bonsam? - Are you a wizard?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Rest

Entering into a season of rest. These few weeks have been stressful; truth be told they have been a bit more than I can handle, and then some. I have walked away from relationships, left home, and tried this whole "Adulting" phase by myself.   It has NOT been easy, and constantly I am forced to consider the decisions I have made. All this change because I had lost my peace, had disappointed the people I loved, and thrown a wrench into the unit I called family.  I was beating myself up over mistakes I had made when I was much younger, and more stupid, and now I was learning that people do not forget, and that very few people forgive. I had walked away from my past, but it still followed, and nothing I could do could change the me people saw.   I was in dire need of peace. Rest from it all.   Suicide and depression were calling all 4 of my names, and God knows how many times I tottered over the edge of that cliff.   One Saturday I c...

JUST BREATHE...

I stew sometimes. Not like the familiar simmering and eventual bubble one is used to when it comes to the favoured term, stew. But more like an insipid flow that seems unlikely to have any direction at all, then finally bursts into resolution – then back down to a confused “ what was that about ?” My stewing has got to do with a lot of things – sometimes caused by interpersonal relationships, but more so my failure at navigating them successfully. I  stew; with nothing constructive in sight because my brain has the attention span of a puppy. Stewing for me seems less problematic than engaging people on the things that rub me off in the wrong way, and sometimes fights end more victoriously in your mind than they ever would in person. Just pure despair... I would love combat with the people I stew about, turning their rude quips and insults into whimpering cowardice once they realise I am not the one to mess with. But in my mind. Nobody has got the time to thr...

CAROL (EP 5)

  Carol. She was light. She was fire and ice. She was sweet and spice... Harry looked up from the poem he was writing at a squinting Teejay. The guy was hovering over him like a cloud. These days it seemed he had something to share, but the moment Harry gave him his attention, he would lose all his nerve and walk away - mumbling some silly explanation. Harry cleared his throat. "Ehem…" He cocked an eyebrow at Teejay. "Y'know, you can tell me. If it's something bad I won't rat you out - well, it depends on how bad..." Harry saw he was rambling. "Look, tell me already! I'm your friend, and you don't see me hiding stuff from you?" The boy sighed, hoisted himself onto the bunk bed, then started. "I'm in love with Esinam"... ♡♡♡ The siren blared for the second time that day. One more lesson before breakfast. Carol was in a bubble. Last night at prep,...