Skip to main content

BABYSITTING CLASS 101




HOW TO BABYSIT CRYING KIDS!
“Go on, louder!”

Shout at them, *It’s a challenge any kid is going to be up to. But then again, if he or she’s not going to stop when you tell them to, what’s the point? You might just score some points on the kid radar as the ‘adventurous’ one, encourage them to scream it all out.





 “I’m out."

*Nothing a child loves to hear better than those words. Just leave them to it; they’re little attention—seekers who’ll rule your life with a whimper. Escape while you can!!!

 *and while you're at it, catch up on your sleep!*



*You could always just be the typical African and paddle it outta them. This is where personal experience comes in, my parents just whooped all the stupidity out of me, and look, I’m just fine. (I think)




*Cry along with them. 

If you give them a glimpse of just how ugly their contorted faces look like when they cry, you might just frighten them into submission. Trust me, nothing scares a kid better than an adult’s crying face! (Be creative, open the waterworks and introduce some snot and all)





This baby looks happy though...

 



*Pay them no attention. At all. They’ll stop when they will.





                               






WHAT YOU WILL DO IF YOU’VE GOT A LICK OF SENSE…
*Co-operate!*
They occasionally cry for a valid reason. Occasionally.


*Show some love.*

Usually all the kid wants is a cuddle, or stick of gum, some toffee. Who knows?



*Don’t let them cry in the first place!*
Those sounds best atomic explosions. Protect your eardrums, you’ll need it when they’re teenagers and squealing over “5th direction”.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Rest

Entering into a season of rest. These few weeks have been stressful; truth be told they have been a bit more than I can handle, and then some. I have walked away from relationships, left home, and tried this whole "Adulting" phase by myself.   It has NOT been easy, and constantly I am forced to consider the decisions I have made. All this change because I had lost my peace, had disappointed the people I loved, and thrown a wrench into the unit I called family.  I was beating myself up over mistakes I had made when I was much younger, and more stupid, and now I was learning that people do not forget, and that very few people forgive. I had walked away from my past, but it still followed, and nothing I could do could change the me people saw.   I was in dire need of peace. Rest from it all.   Suicide and depression were calling all 4 of my names, and God knows how many times I tottered over the edge of that cliff.   One Saturday I c...

CAROL (EP 5)

  Carol. She was light. She was fire and ice. She was sweet and spice... Harry looked up from the poem he was writing at a squinting Teejay. The guy was hovering over him like a cloud. These days it seemed he had something to share, but the moment Harry gave him his attention, he would lose all his nerve and walk away - mumbling some silly explanation. Harry cleared his throat. "Ehem…" He cocked an eyebrow at Teejay. "Y'know, you can tell me. If it's something bad I won't rat you out - well, it depends on how bad..." Harry saw he was rambling. "Look, tell me already! I'm your friend, and you don't see me hiding stuff from you?" The boy sighed, hoisted himself onto the bunk bed, then started. "I'm in love with Esinam"... ♡♡♡ The siren blared for the second time that day. One more lesson before breakfast. Carol was in a bubble. Last night at prep,...

JUST BREATHE...

I stew sometimes. Not like the familiar simmering and eventual bubble one is used to when it comes to the favoured term, stew. But more like an insipid flow that seems unlikely to have any direction at all, then finally bursts into resolution – then back down to a confused “ what was that about ?” My stewing has got to do with a lot of things – sometimes caused by interpersonal relationships, but more so my failure at navigating them successfully. I  stew; with nothing constructive in sight because my brain has the attention span of a puppy. Stewing for me seems less problematic than engaging people on the things that rub me off in the wrong way, and sometimes fights end more victoriously in your mind than they ever would in person. Just pure despair... I would love combat with the people I stew about, turning their rude quips and insults into whimpering cowardice once they realise I am not the one to mess with. But in my mind. Nobody has got the time to thr...