Skip to main content

BEING A TEENAGER 101









STUFF I DO BEFORE EXAMS
* Study, weeks to the test I have my face stuck in the textbook.

 * Stay very conscious of the time, so I am well rested (it helps my brain absorb information easily) Who am I kidding?


* Address the teacher directly with my concerns about the topic, so I understand better.


* Go to bed early the night before, and revise all my notes in my dreams.


* Keep calm during, and after the exam.

* Ace the test.






WHAT I ACTUALLY DO BEFORE ANY EXAM…
1. Procrastinate.






2. Some more procrastination.


3. The night before, sit behind a desk and stare at the textbook.


4. Fall asleep on the book, and pray osmosis is real.


5. Meditate.
Do yoga, and ‘connect with my inner being’.


6. Turn on my phone for soothing music, get side-tracked by Twitter, and time travel on Facebook.


7. Check the time; realize I’m in a different time zone. Turn on the lights and begin to cram.


8. Go back to phone and search for inspirational quotes.


9. Fall asleep and wake minutes to the exam.


10. Right before exam: RUN AROUND IN CIRCLES AND SCREAM!







*After exam, hope and pray for a ‘C’.*




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Rest

Entering into a season of rest. These few weeks have been stressful; truth be told they have been a bit more than I can handle, and then some. I have walked away from relationships, left home, and tried this whole "Adulting" phase by myself.   It has NOT been easy, and constantly I am forced to consider the decisions I have made. All this change because I had lost my peace, had disappointed the people I loved, and thrown a wrench into the unit I called family.  I was beating myself up over mistakes I had made when I was much younger, and more stupid, and now I was learning that people do not forget, and that very few people forgive. I had walked away from my past, but it still followed, and nothing I could do could change the me people saw.   I was in dire need of peace. Rest from it all.   Suicide and depression were calling all 4 of my names, and God knows how many times I tottered over the edge of that cliff.   One Saturday I c...

)D) (EP 4)

Teejay was on cloud nine. Esinam had cornered him after prep last night. And as always, she had been brutally direct - something he admired her greatly for. Talking to her had been a problem because you see, Esinam was "hard". Really hard. And it didn't help that she was one of the best students in class. *After prep* His Gateway to English 1 was missing. Flustered, he waved his friends away, they could take the lead, he'll come by later. When he finally found the cursed book, it was wedged between his seat and Harry's. Good grief. He didn't notice her until she was right in front of him. "So you told Melanie to do *'betweener' for you eh?" She laughed that cute laugh. She realized how her laugh had echoed and looked around for any passers-by who might've overheard her. "Is it true what she said though?" – There was a long hiatus during which she lowered her head. ...

The Blind Date (A Short Story)

  Our character, Sena "I want rice and chicken." Osei smiled. He had her right where he wanted her. Quickly he waved the waiter over. "Two plates of fried rice, with chicken, please" he flicked his finger, "Oh, and kindly add a bottle of your finest wine. For the fine lady here," He gave that Cheshire grin again. The waiter hurried away and Sena settled into her seat, maybe this wasn't such a bad idea after all.     A MERE FIFTEEN MINUTES LATER... She was fuming, wishing this night over already! When Maadjoa arranged this date, she'd been vague about the details. The guy was rich, good-looking, he was a fine conversationalist, "stuff like that," she'd said. She'd shrugged and gone back to the book she was reading. And here she was now, stuck with this, this ... pig! "Good-looking" had flown out the window the second their food arrived.     His lips were covered in...