Hey Wednesday...


Hey there. It’s another week to be great, to go out there and claim the goodness and the greatness that belongs to you. It’s a great new opportunity to go out and make something out of the day, out of your life, out of this week.
That soppy optimism aside, here’s what’s really happening. It’s Wednesday - barely the middle of the week and you might probably already be tired. Tired of working. Tired of thinking. Maybe even tired of breathing. 
Let’s not pretend for one second. Let’s not pretend we’re the bee’s knees for that second, or that the world is our oyster. Let’s embrace the pessimistic, the realistic, the cold hard… truth?
The world is broken. 
And we are flawed. Incredibly flawed at that.
“So now what?” you ask, 😏
You see, it’s not rainbows and unicorns all the time. But it is also fruitless labour to throw your hands in the air and claim death and despondence because the world is broken. Yes, your job sucks - but so does hunger. And your depression is killing you slowly - but fatal accidents are happening. Might not be the nicest thing, but some of these issues are the worst of quid pro quo.
I had the best day the last time. I got out of bed after having the best sleep I’ve had for the longest time. My skin was clear, I had a good healthy breakfast and I set to working. That also went splendidly well until it came time for lunch. I had inspiration to make myself some nice lunch, food I’d been craving for a while.
An hour later, my food was cooked and ready and I was just washing a plate to dish out some of that goodness when I slipped on the kitchen floor and sliced my palm open trying to grab on the edge of the sink for some balance. I fell anyway and my head fell along with it, hitting the tiled floor with a loud thump. I was dizzy for a while but tried to get up off the floor because I had knocked over a big jug of water and in my disoriented state was worried about it making a big mess. I didn’t even notice my palm was bleeding until I grabbed a mop to wipe the floor with.
Food forgotten, I came back to bed and tried to rest my now aching head. I don’t have a concussion and I’m pretty fine now - my palm is healing up rather nicely these days too.
Point of this (maybe pointless) story is, this is topsy turvy terrain. It’s not your fault that things aren’t dandy all the time. Even if you tried, the variables don’t always add up - and sometimes it could all be purely emotional. You don’t make the choices in this ecosystem and you certainly don’t have the final say in this grand scheme/plan.
“Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that you may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost.” - Romans 15:13 KJV
So, do what you can and let the rest go. Rest when you need to, take a break from that stressful job when you need to (5 minutes can make a great difference. You don’t have to lose your job because you need a break) in that same vein - even if you do lose that job, you’ll find another. Just don’t take life so seriously. It’ll always find some twisted way to teach you a lesson. And in doing that, have hope.
That the bad days and the bad thoughts and the past will come, but you’ll be fine. Abound in the HOPE that strengthens you - such that even when you can’t get out of bed because of your depression, you’re able to shoot your friend that text to let her know you’re going to try again today. Hope is progress, in knowing that everything and sometimes nothing will work out, but progress anyway. That you won’t end up right where you started without learning a thing or two.

While you’re still trying to figure it out, read the Bible - one verse or two, leave your eyebrows alone (let it grow out) wash your face and wash your hair, cook some delicious food and try your hardest not to slip in the kitchen. Breathe. Affirm yourself. You are beautiful. You are kind. You are smart. And you are enough. It’s okay. Look at you looking like you’re looking. You’re doing well. You matter.


Comments

  1. Did I by any chance tell you what my lifehas been like lately? Because its all here. And thanks for reminding me of the hope I should keep

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

New Rest

FLAWS

The Heart's Content