Because, it's been long!




Today is the 9th of June. And I am 7 days into my internship at The Finder Newspaper.

Now, I have two things to say about this entire working thing.

  • It is haaaaaard!


Never again am I going to say this “I can’t wait to finish school so I can start working.” *insert pause*
This statement can no longer be made with off-handed ease. Not anymore. 

Because, life is hard. 
Work is hard. 

And there’s nothing that comes easy, not in this day, not in this time, not in this life.

If you want to make an impact in the world, or if you’re just bored and in need of something to do, something that will actually profit you something – not just sitting around eating crisps and binge watching TV – you’re going to meet hard stops. You’re going to have demanding bosses who will question every bone of creativity in you. You’re going face problems that will demand your everything; time, finances, energy, everything! And you’re not always to understand why

  •    Responsibilities are exhausting.

In these 7days I’ve been there, I have learnt some things. Life doesn’t revolve around us, and what we want. Life is not the simple bubble we have ensconced ourselves in.

Life is sweat. And putting other people’s needs before us.

Life is serving. And waiting.

While we are waiting, let us serve. Even when it hurts to. Let us serve. And pray. And work. And serve.
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Rest

FLAWS

The Heart's Content